- SCREAM! – AN INTEGRATED APPROACH FOR MULTIDISICIPLINARY DESIGN TEAMS IN HIGHER EDUCATION. Marco van Hout, Gijs Gootjes (EDULEARN15 Proceedings, pp. 2157-2167, Barcelona, Spain).
- POSTURAROMA – The Embodiment of Safety. Marco van Hout, Laura Mul, Loes Bogers & Shiniciro Tito (Proceedings 9th International Conference on Design & Emotion, Bogota, Colombia)
- JUST A MOMENT PLEASE! Improving the Overall User Experience, Moment by Moment. Marco van Hout, Flin Nortier (Proceedings 9th International Conference on Design & Emotion, Bogota, Colombia)
- FROM CLUTTER TO BUTTER: INGREDIENTS FOR IMPROVING MULTIDISCIPLINARY TEAM-BASED DESIGN EDUCATION IN A LAB CONTEXT Marco Van Hout
- LEARNING TOMORROW: VISUALISING STUDENT AND STAFF’S DAILY ACTIVITIES AND REFLECT ON IT Margreet Riphagen, Marco van Hout, Daan Krijnen, Gijs Gootjes
- LEARNING TOMORROW: VISUALISING STUDENT AND STAFF PHYSICAL ACTIVITY Daan Krijnen, Margreet Riphagen, Marco van Hout, Gijs Gootjes
- LEMtool – Measuring Emotions in Visual Interfaces Gijs Huisman, Marco van Hout, Elisabeth van Dijk, Thea van der Geest, Dirk Heylen
- A digital love story: Measuring and designing for emotions in interactive visual interfaces Gijs Huisman, Marco van Hout, Kwan Law
- The development of a graphical emotion measurement instrument using caricatured expressions: the LEMtool Gijs Huisman, Marco van Hout
- Measuring the emotional impact of websites: a study on combining a dimensional and discrete emotion approach in measuring visual appeal of university websites. Kevin Capota, Marco van Hout, Thea van der Geest
- Differentiating emotional hotel experiences P.M.A. Desmet, D. Guiza Caicedo, M. Van Hout
Interviews and articles
“The Ladder to Emotional Design” – IE Magazine, Spain (2015), featured interview
“Interview with Marco van Hout on Emotion-Driven Design” – Architecting Happiness, April 2015 (Spain) – Interview
“Entrevista con Marco van Hout – Emotion-driven Design” (in Spanish) – Diseño y Emociones, August 2014 (Chile) – Interview
“Socially Responsive Design” – Connecting the Dots magazine September 2012 – interview | download the pdf
“Emotionele Beleving in een Buisje: fans zijn de nieuwe marketing” (in Dutch) – CLOU magazine July 2011 | download the pdf
“Making Consumers More Emotional about Your Product” – Interview in ‘Food and Beverage Reporter’ (South Africa), May 2011.
“Emotion in Motion – when it all feels natural” – Article for the special issue of 100% Design Tokyo ‘Created in Holland’, October 2008.
Interview with Luis Lopez Toledo of Chile Pais de Diseno. Read the interview on his weblog.
Interview with the Slovenian design magazine KLIK. Read the interview on their website (In Slovenian)
“El nuevo diseño industrial antepone las emociones a la funcionalidad del objeto”
Feature newspaper article – La Nueva España, 14 December 2007.
“Mercado global, Emociones globales, Diseño global?”
Online article published at online magazine Capire.info from Chile. November 2007.
“Global Market, Global Emotion, Global Design?”
Online article for UIGarden.net (weaving usability and cultures) about cultural contexts and emotional experiences.
online article series for Chile Pais de Diseño (Santiago, Chile)
“Living A Part Together: Lasting Relationships Can be fun!”
In 2006 I was asked to write an article for TuttoBeNe 2006 in Milan, Italy. The article was published in the theme paper that was distributed just before and during the event.
“Emotie en Productontwerp”
In 2004 I interviewed the legendary Donald Norman together with my friend Javier Cañada. This interview was published in the Dutch magazine “Product” and the Spanish magazine “Visual”. You can also find it on this website though in the interviews section.